ADVERTISEMENT

Wyoming game prediction

jmcdonald1

Duck Four-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2012
Oregon should win but it could be a nail biter. Oregon will have to generate pressure on Wyoming's QB with their Defensive Line and LB's by making him rush and throw more quickly than he is accustomed to or he will pick Oregon's young, inexperienced CB's apart. Wyoming's QB is said to be the best in the country.(#1 NFL draft pick) I hope Pegano is cleared to play as he is a good pass rusher. Make Wyoming beat you with their run game and play to stop their passing game.They are not a very good run team and by making them one dimensional ie pressuring their QB and having our CB's stick to their WR's like glue and giving them extra help with the Safeties and LB's will be essential. Also, Oregon cannot have 12 penalties again like they had in each of the first 2 games. And finally, Oregon cannot play conservatively in the 2nd half if they get an early lead. Play the whole game, especially the 4th quarter which means Oregon needs to substitute early and often to keep their starters fresh as they will be playing at high altitude(over 7000 feet). And last but not least, Oregon can't be conservative with the offensive play calling if they get a lead; they need to keep playing the game with the style that got them the lead in the first place. Put your foot down on their neck and play like your life depended on it even if you have a big lead. Look at what happened to Texas A&M against UCLA. They blew a big lead and lost the game. Playing not to lose like Taggart did against Nebraska is the surest way to lose. He seems to be a very inexperienced play caller and is going to have to learn fast or get somebody more experienced to help him call the offensive plays.The odds makers have Oregon as a 2 touchdown favorite but I think that is way off and it will be much closer than that. Frankly, I am more worried about Wyoming than I was with Nebraska and you saw how that turned out.

Reactions: Papa Duck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News