ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE: Dillingham key in Oregon's pursuit of 5-star QB Dante Moore

Matt Moreno

Duck Blue-Chipper
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California

Five-star quarterback Dante Moore has been very good this week at the OT7 passing tournament in Las Vegas playing for Cam Newton's C1N team. Moore is still sorting through his options and has an unofficial visit coming up to Texas A&M next weekend. For now he continues to focus on a group of schools that includes Oregon. There has been some differing opinions on where exactly Oregon stands, but after speaking with him it is clear the Ducks are right in the thick of this one. He speaks glowingly of his relationship with Kenny Dillingham, and that has been a big deal in his evaluation of the program. He admitted that travel got to him a little bit on his first trip out to Eugene, but after speaking with Dont'e Thornton and Seven McGee his concerns about the distance were eased.

He added that knowing NIL will be part of the process it would allow him to feel more comfortable to be far away from home seeing as he could get his family out to games. He was definitely thorough in our conversation and discussed all the reasons Oregon remains a big part of the process. Notre Dame recently added a commitment from a 2024 quarterback who could reclassify, and Moore said he was surprised by that. He is evaluating that option, and if he decides that Notre Dame is no longer the right spot it could open up the process quite a bit for the other schools in pursuit.

You can read the full update at the link up top.

“With Dillingham, he’s a genius, right? When he was at Memphis, when he was at Auburn, when he was at Florida State, going to Oregon, I respect his coaching and what he did with Jordan Travis and everybody. And, what he has done to improve them as great quarterbacks. I really respect him a lot. He’s a guy that flies to Detroit to comes and see me. We’ve been going through this for two, three years now, and I appreciate him a lot for what he’s done and it’s for sure standing out for me.”

Reactions: twellnitz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News