ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to DSA!

Scott Reed

Duck Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 17, 2003
Welcome to Duck Sports Authority!

We're thrilled to have you join our community of passionate Oregon Ducks fans. As a new subscriber, you now have access to everything that makes DSA a special place for those who bleed green and yellow.

Let me introduce you to our two premium message boards:

The Casanova Center is where we dive deep into all things recruiting. Named after the legendary former Oregon football coach and athletic director, Len Casanova, this board honors the legacy of "The Cas," which was the epicenter of Oregon football before the Hatfield-Dowlin Complex came into existence. If you're looking for the latest updates, expert analysis, and lively discussions about Oregon's recruiting efforts, this is the place to be.

First Duck Club is where we talk about everything else. This board is named in honor of one of our earliest members, Dick "First Duck" Busby, who passed away several years ago. Dick was known for his positive tone and friendly banter, qualities we strive to emulate in our community. Whether you want to discuss the latest game, share personal stories, or just have a chat with fellow Ducks fans, you'll find a warm welcome here.

We always have a gameday thread running, and we encourage everyone to jump in and share their thoughts. Our community is known for its civility and respect, which is what makes it so unique. There are just three simple rules to follow: disagreements are fine, but personal insults are not; and we avoid discussing politics or religion here—they can be too divisive, and we want to keep our focus on what brings us together: our passion for Oregon sports.

A little about me: I joined DSA as a member with the handle 'ducks39' back in 2003. My journey started when the son of a friend from my youth football coaching days was diagnosed with AML (Acute Myeloid Leukemia). I joined to connect with someone who might help the then-eighth grader fulfill his wish of meeting Mike Bellotti. I stayed for the wonderful community and, in 2011, I began writing for the site after sharing my thoughts on the Willie Lyles recruiting scandal. I became the publisher of DSA in August 2024, and it's been an incredible ride.

Since 2009, I've hosted the DSA Tailgate, a chance for our members to meet in person, talk football, recruiting, and enjoy some good food and beverages. All are welcome to join, and details are always posted the week of home games.

Outside of DSA, I served in the Marine Corps for four years before starting college at Eastern Oregon, where I played football until an injury ended my career. I then transferred to the University of Oregon, graduating in 1994. My original plan was to pursue a career in athletics administration in Major League Baseball, but life had other plans.

Now, I work as a Director of Operations for the semi-tractor division of On Road Vehicle Testing (ORVT). My wife and I live in the Portland area with my dog, Fiji, a Catahoula Leopard Dog mix who keeps me busy with long walks—sometimes up to 13 miles a day!

I'd love to hear your story and how you became part of the Duck Sports Authority community. Whether you’re a lifelong fan or new to the Ducks, I’m excited to have you with us.

Welcome to the family, and Go Ducks!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.