ADVERTISEMENT

Weekly Publisher Note:

Scott Reed

Duck Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 17, 2003
Not sure I will really need to do this every week, but wanted to make sure everyone knows some things we are working on,

First, we are working on getting more subscribers. We have three new members this week as we run a promotion.

We are also working on getting our first sponsorship. I have it mostly set, but will have all the details within the next week or so. It is not a 'huge' sponsorship, but one that I think will add value to both you and the site.

You may have noticed that I am putting some things on the front page that are free' in fact, I am putting a lot of stuff there. There is a reason for this. In order to improve visibility of what we do here, we need more of our content to 'appear' in aggregating sites, and in applications that try to bring all team specific news possible. The dilemma is that most of those places use RSS feeds that do not show any content behind a paywall. So if we put more 'free content' on the front page, we will build better awareness.

I mean, some of the stuff should be free - like post practice interview videos. Unless we somehow get some exclusive interview, it is already freely available. I want people to come here for ALL of their Duck news and that means getting things that are free onto our front page where they can see the content. We will still work to put that stuff on the message boards so that people like my good friend DiehardDuck will see it, just want to also get it somewhere non-subscribers can see it - the more content they see, the more they might want to join our site.

Finally, a behind the scenes thing - we NEVER seemed to use SEO optimization tools. I am not sure how much it will help, but that is something else I am doing on every article as well. Hopefully after a while it will improve search results in our favor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.