ADVERTISEMENT

Visit update: 4-star OL Miles McVay feels like priority on Oregon OV

Matt Moreno

Duck Blue-Chipper
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California

East St. Louis offensive tackle Miles McVay was one of the recruits Oregon OC Kenny Dillingham alluded to in a tweet ahead of the busy official visit weekend. The 6-foot-7 prospect is one of the top offensive targets for the Ducks in the 2023 class, and getting him on campus while securing his last official visit before an expected August decision was important for the program. McVay made an unofficial visit to Eugene in the spring, but he had an even better experience during his official visit over the weekend. Oregon's approach of bringing many of its top targets together for a weekend allowed McVay to truly see the vision the staff has for the future.

He spent a lot of time with five-star QB Dante Moore and elite four-star running back Richard Young during his time on campus plus he took time to chat with Josh Conerly and Dave Iuli as well as the begin their Oregon careers. All in all, it was a very positive experience for McVay who says he is focused on Oregon, Alabama and Michigan State for now. He visited both schools in recent weeks plus he made an official visit to Texas A&M as well in June.

Getting his mom to sign off on the coach he will play for in the future has been a big part of the last month worth of visits, and when the family arrived back home to Illinois the Ducks were sitting in a good spot in that regard.

“Me and coach Klemm, we’re real tight. I talk to him at least three times a month. The big thing was getting my mom and my dad down there to see him and talk to him. My mom came back and we talked, and she said she really liked coach Klemm. She says she feels safe if I do decide to go to Oregon that he’s going to have my best interest and do his best to get me where I want to be and push me towards that goal.”

You can read the full update at the link up top.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News