ADVERTISEMENT

Visit reaction: California LB Blake Nichelson has high praise for Ducks after latest trip

Matt Moreno

Duck Blue-Chipper
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California

Manteca HS recruit Blake Nichelson is one of the most impressive two-way players in California for 2023. He had 44 touchdowns overall and accounted for over 2,600 yards of total offense in 2021. However, most schools are looking at him to play linebacker. Oregon wants him at inside linebacker, and he made another trip to Eugene over the weekend for the team's spring game where he spent a couple days getting to know the coaches and team some more. At this point the Ducks have made a major move for him and he is not shy about Oregon being one of the top schools on his list now after the latest visit with the team. He visited Utah last week and has made a couple trips to USC plus a visit to Cal over the last month.

I've talked to him about all those trips and he doesn't speak about the other visits like he does about Oregon. It's clear the Ducks have built some strong momentum in his recruitment. He sounded very tempted to call Oregon his leader, but for now he's holding off on that. He is starting to plan out his official visits, so we'll see where that goes but Oregon has positioned itself well after his latest visit.

“They definitely view me as an inside backer, and obviously I know they’re huge on defense right now considering their head coach was just the defensive coordinator at Georgia and they have coach Tosh and coach Long. They’re definitely one of my top picks right now. Overall, everything about them stuck out to me throughout the entire process, and I definitely could see myself going there and playing linebacker there.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.