ADVERTISEMENT

Utah first of a 4 game losing streak for Ducks?

Duckfan37

Duck Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2010
Very possible.

1) Utah offensive line against Oregon defense was man vs boys. Oregon state better offensive line than Utah, and also better running back. Oregon state also tougher minded, much better coached, and much better QB play. Ducks have a chance but Beavers should win.

2) Ducks play in a crappy, meaningless Bowl against Purdue or some such nonsense. In bowl l games its all about who wants to be there. Ducks probably lose no matter who they play in a bowl game if they lose to OSU

3) Ducks open with Georgia next season. Physically overwhelmed by Utah and Oregon state .Lose to Stanford, who is one of the worst teams in the history of this conference? So no chance in hell they can play with Georgia

This Duck team capable of playing well. Everything changes if they beat the Beavers. I give them about a 45% chance to win next week because Beavers are simply a tougher, more physical program, but I won't be shocked if Ducks pull off a minor upset. If they do win, they are in the Rose bowl against a quality opponent like Michigan who will get their attention. In that scenario they are ready to play and have a decent shot. Bottom line is if they beat the Beavers they could go 2-1 next 3 games. I(f they lose to Beavers it will be a 4 game losing streak

As an aside, I am absolutely disgusted that Mario did not get his freshman QB's some experience in the 4th quarter of this game. No reason to have Brown in the game. Not just because he was terrible, which he was, but why not give Thompson or whoever is the present back up, some experience in a game that is a blow out? Its looking more and more like none of these freshman QB's can play dead. If there was any hope for any of them, you would think they would give them some experience. Number of stars a kid has in high school doesn't mean Jack s...t. Looks like there is no QB in the program that can play

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News