ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday practice notes...

A.J. Jacobson

Duck Hall of Famer
Staff
Apr 3, 2002
Eugene, Oregon
I just got back moments ago from Tuesday's practice. I'll add comments here but for now the very quickest of thoughts.

• The WR's with the ones today were Jaylon Redd, Brenden Schooler and Juwan Johnson
  • They have some injuries which are affecting that, in particular Johnny Johnson III
  • Strange mix with the starting defense today. I'm not sure it was real. Looked like split squad. Perhaps to throw off the media during our limited viewing minutes? Maybe the defense for one side for this Saturday?
  • Tyler Shough is progressing very nicely. I've noticed an uptick in how confident he carries himself during drills.
  • Thibodeaux is starting to line up in drills in a more prominent position. The first couple weeks he would tend to hang towards the back of the line for his turn, now he seems to be more aggressive with that. Interesting.
  • Today was only the second day this spring they practiced on the outside practice fields
  • Watching WR coach Bouknight was interesting. He did not hesitate to make a guy redo a drill if he didn't like his technique. He was teaching them a swim type move to use when a DB is manning him up close on a route. He made some of them redo it several times in a row. I'm hoping that was a glimpse of the kind of perfection he is demanding all the time of them. They need to get better from last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News