ADVERTISEMENT

Super-League Proposal for CFB

duckstar1320

Duck First-Team Varsity
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2010
It’s a story behind the paywall at the Athletic. Some key excerpts:

“One league overseeing college football’s highest level. No more conferences as we’ve known them. Playoff berths being decided solely on the field. Promotion and relegation for smaller schools. Players being paid directly. NIL and the transfer portal, managed.

A group of influential leaders wants to make all this happen soon — and they are pitching it as the best way forward for a sport they believe needs saving.

Several college presidents, Roger Goodell’s primary lieutenant at the NFL and some of sports’ top executives have devised a plan — dubbed by outsiders as a “Super League” — to completely transform college football, those involved in the group “College Sports Tomorrow” (CST) told The Athletic. Although the plan has drawn skepticism from within the sport’s current institutions, the people behind the ideas believe they must be implemented.

“The current model for governing and managing college athletics is dead,” Syracuse chancellor Kent Syverud told The Athletic during an interview.”

Very interesting read for those who can access it.

PS: I don’t seem to be able to access formatting options from my iPhone currently, for whatever reasons. So I can’t embed the quoted material, or put it in italics, or any other way of distinguishing. This has been the case since I got my 14, in case anyone knows any simple solutions to this issue.

Reactions: coreyegner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News