ADVERTISEMENT

Spring camp: Saturday practice notes...

A.J. Jacobson

Duck Hall of Famer
Staff
Apr 3, 2002
Eugene, Oregon
Ducks held their second practice of spring drills today and I was on hand for the 35 minutes or so it was open to the media to bring you these notes.

• Lots and lots of recruits and their families on the sidelines today. That is because it is Junior Day! Saw a number of familiar faces who I just talked to last weekend, Jackson Light, Kyron Ware-Hudson plus several others.
  • NCAA does not allow interaction with recruits or parents when they are on campus so I had to be very careful. I was very pleased to at least be able to say hello to the Lights and Chance Ware-Hudson. Very strange how I can talk to them anywhere but when they are on campus. I don't understand that rule exactly.
  • One recruit who was here was Mission Hills DB DJ Justice. His dad ex-Brave David Justice was on the sideline and hammed it up when I took his picture. Nice guy.
  • No Boughnight there today. I took video of Coach Cristobal talking about hiring his replacement before practice.

• I watched Jake Shipley for awhile today and liked him. He is not ready to play right now with not knowing the defense obviously. But...I would not be surprised if he impresses us this season. He has the frame, and the motor. His technique was decent and he was picking things up fast. He is a guy I was not thinking about for this year but you never know...
  • I also watched T.J. Bass. I definitely see him on the two-deep this year, probably guard. Not sure which side yet but he is ready to go by the end of fall camp I am sure.
  • Two guys who were not practicing were Brandon Dorlus and D. Leno. I hear both of them are sick, which is going around.
  • I'll add to this as I think of more but wanted to get out these notes. I will also share any pictures that are decent on this thread.
  • All for now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News