ADVERTISEMENT

Softist team to ever playn in National championship game

Duckfan37

Duck Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2010
Its sickening that all the talking heads were correct. Oregon is a finesse team that can't play with the big boys. Until they can recruit offensive and defensive lineman. As well as linebackers. I will never again get my hopes up that they can win a National championship. When a weak Big 10 teams 3rd string QB can flat run over your 310 lb nose tackle, you don't have a chance.

A couple of thoughts

1) Carrington had his worse case scenario. Oregon's receivers, Nelson and Stamford, cost the Ducks a big 1st half lead. The Ducks have a real chance to be up 21-0 if they don't choke on those 1st half 3rd down throws. Carrington has to live with the fact that he may have cost his team a national title. He should move on down the road. As for Nelson and Stamford. They probably cost their team a national title

2) Mariota was good , but the best QB on the field was the 3rd string QB at Ohio state. Unbelievable!!

3) Oregon front 7 on defense was the worst I have ever seen in a big time game. It was literally men against boys . This is an Ohio state team that was mediocre all year. Oregon has to recruit better lineman. They weren't even close. I knew Ohio state was physical, but it was a complete mismatch

4) Freeman ran a like a scare high school freshman, He was terrible. He is not in the same zip code as Ohio States back. He ran sideline to sideline , avoiding contact at all cost. Played like a pussy.

5) Helfrich punting on 4th down with 5 minutes left, down by 15, rivals some of the dumbest decisions I have ever seen in college football. Why? Why? Why give up in the national championship game. ? The defense had not made one stop in the 2nd half

6) Frost horrible , horrible, pathetic play calling in the red zone. Ducks were conservative a every aspect

Complete choke by players and coaches alike. Again, they are not even close. The Ducks can beat mediocre teams , but against real football players , they just look silly. No matter what system you run, you have to have to players who are physical. As long as Oregon wants to play finesse football, they will not compete against real football teams

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News