ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Day, tOSU

Tar Heel Gone Duck

Duck Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2011
I was reading about him recently when there was still a chance and hadnt realized he had spent at least some time at Oregon...but it didn't say when or and what capacity. Wiki says he played at NH and I guessed he was coached by Chip Kelly and started as a grad asst for him at NH..and then UO? Anyone know more about his time at Oregon? He inherited a great situation and has done really well with it. My guess is Chip probably deserves some mentorship credit here, but his popularity has sunk so much... maybe that's why he doesn't get it? Anyone have any thoughts info on this/? And btw, I thought they were at least the 2d best team last yr, an Clemson got damn lucky.

Eval 2d yr coaches

Ryan Day -- 2019 record: 13-1 |2020 CBS Sports Coach Ranking: 10 (+35) | Outlook: Other coaches have to be envious of Day not only ascending the to head spot at one of college football's blue bloods but doing so in the wake of Urban Meyer's total infrastructure installation. Strength and conditioning, player personnel departments and several key assistants remained in place as Day delivered on the promise of continued success with arguably the most successful season since the Buckeyes won the national championship in 2014. Ohio State reached the No. 1 spot in the College Football Playoff Rankings and provided the most competitive foil to LSU during the Tigers' title-winning tear. As the argument went, LSU was the offensive juggernaut while Ohio State was the more complete team. As 2020 looms ahead, the Buckeyes begin back in that one-two debate, this time with a Clemson program that prevented Day from winning it all in Year 1. Right now, it's nearly impossible for Day to exceed expectations because everything on and off the field points to national championship-contention, and anything short will be a disappointment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News