ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting numbers for 2017

Brandon Gibson

Duck Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 3, 2003
Eugene, OR
QD96 was asking about WR in the other thread, so as not to hijack that one, I'm over here throwing together what the class makeup might look at for this upcoming recruiting class. I've said before that I expect somewhere between 18-20, but here is my further breakdown:

1 QB (Although they will ideally sign someone this year, if they don't find the right person, it might be better to just risk it and go for a couple talented 2018 prospects)

2 RB (CJ is in the house, but they will surely want to grab another this class)

2 WR (Stanford is gone after this year, and barring a terrible season, Carrington will go NFL as well. Oregon will definitely aim for 2)

2-3 TE (Oregon loses 3 TE this year, and will need to at least sign 2, and could aim for filling in 3 if the right 3rd comes along)

2-3 OL (Oregon loses 2 OL this year, and will need to replace those. Their current total number of OL is at 14, so they could stand to grab another, again if the right one comes along)

3-4 DL (Oregon loses 3 DL this year, they have Langi Tuifua in at DE, and I think they will likely aim for a big DT and another DE. If a second big DT wanted to come on board, I think the coaches would make room)

1-2 LB (Oregon only loses a single LB, and would like to add an interior LB, I could see them going after an OLB as well if the right one wanted to commit)

4 DB (Oregon will only be losing 1 DB, but will likely look to add 3 corners and a safety)

Some of these numbers will impact others, so it will be a quality of recruit/need based decision once some commits start coming in.

Scholarship Tracker

Reactions: Chuckjoa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News