ADVERTISEMENT

Prospect Profile piece

Scott Reed

Duck Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 17, 2003
I wrote this prior to the news of Martell's decommit, but it still stands as a basic analysis of the prospect. With the 'all in' approach the staff took with Ryan Kelley (the right decision, by the way) and the sparse number of elite level QB's still uncommitted, the Ducks, if they are going to sign a QB in this class (not a slam dunk at this point), might need to look toward a project QB who will be okay with the concept of sitting and learning for a couple of years.

So today I looked at one closer to home for Oregon, Connor Neville. There is a reason many analysts got excited by his camp performance at the Rivals QB Challenge last summer - and a reason why we should be wary of getting too hyped on singular performances in controlled environments.

Neville definitely improved between his sophomore and junior seasons, but there are still a lot of things which will need work before he steps onto the field in the Pac-12. Normally I do not profile committed prospects, but given the unique nature of the suddenly open QB spot and Neville's proximity to Oregon, I thought, what the heck.

Anyway, here is the article:

Prospect Profile: Connor Neville

Reactions: LancerDuck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News