ADVERTISEMENT

OCOP....DOA

coreyegner

Duck Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
Portland, Oregon
It appears that the Oregon Club of Portland is done, to be replaced by the Duck Athletic Fund.

While this may not seem like a big deal overall, on a local level it is huge (for Ducks anyway).

I have been a member for some time and I have friends that have been Presidents and board members of the club.

It is an all-volunteer force with the most hardcore Duck fans in town.

I get that the U must feel they can make more money by using the DAF but they sure alienated some of the biggest donors in town.

It seems like it was handled very poorly.

This is an email I was asked to share:

Oregon Club of Portland is closing its doors.

And they are not telling a soul. The DAF is forcing them all out and spinning a B.S. story of them failing. It is not true. When I sent in my renewal membership a while back, I got a call about the club closing asking if I really wanted to pay now or wait to confirm the club was gone.
I asked why it wasn't news to everyone and didn't really trust the answer. I started doing some research and was able to garner enough info from the DAF and other University folks I know and turns out they wanted the club and are doing some horrible stuff to the staff. I personally think the staff was excellent and has done a fantastic job.
So if you have paid your membership already, just know that there is no club after the next event, the golf tournament.
Also, the DAF gave the tailgater location away a couple months ago. Regardless if the club stayed together, the DAF took that off the table, we have no tailgater nor a location. Took away the big green benefit. That too the DAF cancelled.
Even a good chunk of vendors are pulling out. I called 2 of them and off the record they confirmed. Doesn't matter who, they are mad as hell.
I know that this list is not everyone current and probably has some people that were no longer members, but it was all I could gather looking at pictures and past event info that was public knowledge so if you were included by mistake, my apologies.
Those that do care, member or not, reach out to the club. Show your support, make them give you updated information, and rally the troops and give the DAF a piece of your mind.

UofO President Michael Schill - pres@uoregon.edu 541-346-3036
UofO Athletic Director Rob Mullins athleticdirector@uoregon.edu 541-346-5455
UofO Asst. Ath Director Justin Fisher jjfisher@uoregon.edu 503-412-3751
Senior Director of Development Kim Murray kim@uoregon.edu 503-412-3681
Assoc. Director of Dev. Andy Sigler sigler@uoregon.edu 503-412-3684
That's all the people I could find that work for the DAF. Call the club directly and let these people know how you feel!!

And:

It’s all true, unfortunately. Golf is the last event by OCOP. DAF is taking over all of our events. We shall see what happens. I am done donating my time on the board.
They believe they can put on the events more efficiently and make more money.

OCOP was a top ten all time donors within DAF. We are all not pleased.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News