ADVERTISEMENT

More "Buy" Week Musings, Blocking for a Leftie

Tar Heel Gone Duck

Duck Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2011
The slow and somewhat chaotic start w/ the OL might be attributed to several factors including experimenting with a walk on center and the unexpected Bedford injury, but I recall people asking pre-season whether it would require any adjustments in the OL scheme and some "getting used to" blocking for Gabriel, a southpaw. Looking back at the first three games I'm thinking there might be something to it.
I mean watching Cornelius get beat by UI's DE's in the first game and the OL allowing sacks in the first two games was baffling. Cornelius was pre season All Am in some polls and it was pretty shocking to see that.
Also in that ID game when, due to poor OL play, Gabe was forced out of the pocket he did seem to always to roll left. Then starting in the BSU game and really looking much better vs OSU he could stand in the pocket for some time and there were a couple of times in the OSU game where he was actually able to roll right.
They are doing much better as a unit, but if you have never blocked for a left hander maybe that DID have something to do with it, ie, an adjustment period.
I'd be interested to hear from people who actually know more about FB, and I wonder if it makes any sense?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.