ADVERTISEMENT

Lack of depth/great depth

ckc42

Duck Three-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Jul 8, 2006
I noticed on the twitter on the front page that Dale, who has been so positive, backed of his confidence of 8 wins. He said lack of depth at QB, WR, TE makes 8 harder to get to. I disagree. Sure, a serious injury at QB would potentially be devastating, but that can be said of how many teams? I think we will get 9-10 wins. Why?

1. Best stable of running backs (depth, speed, talent, versatility) EVER. We have had lots of great tandems and even 3 deeps but potentially 6 deep this year.
2. Experience and depth in the OL. Plenty of bodies to put one as a tight end like Stanford does to bolster the run game.

1+2=wins. The big ten used to be 3 yds and a cloud of dust. With the gulf coast offense, which can be a combination of the Chip spread (run first) and the Harbaugh brute force, we can be 8 yds and a cloud of rubber. This means the clock runs, our defense gets rest, and we break the will of opposing teams. We still will have speed in space and the ability to go vertical for big plays. We need to forget about trying to redshirt Burmeister for the maximum effect in this strategy, but the best way to protect Herbert is to have him hand off until the defense proves they can stop us.

Reactions: stilloldduck
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News