ADVERTISEMENT

Jonathan Smith noise heading into the game

Scott Reed

Duck Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 17, 2003
Clearly we have all heard rumors, but when asked about it, Smith pretty much gives a clue as to what he is thinking. When asked about whether OSU fans should be nervous about SMith bolting after this season he had this response:

"They can be confident I'm completely focused on the task at hand. (They can be) confident that we're battling, week in and week out and that has not changed. There has not been some distraction on that. I think it's known what this place means and what I've done and been around here and I think that speaks for itself."

Does that mean that you have not had contact with other schools? "I'm not trying to be sarcastic here. I've got an agent that's got a job. He best be finding out what is out there and people calling. That's how that works. I can tell you from his side he best be working just because I'm paying him so much. They get a percentage and I'm making him a couple million bucks. I'm not trying to be sarcastic. Any coach, they're aware of what's potentially out there if their agent is doing their job. I'm not trying to dodge the question. I'm trying to be truthful."

Reactions: Hands Down Duck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News