ADVERTISEMENT

End of an era: My last day as DSA publisher

A.J. Jacobson

Duck Hall of Famer
Staff
Apr 3, 2002
Eugene, Oregon
Publishing the Oregon website for Rivals the past 15 years has been an amazing experience. From walking off the angry field with Chip Kelly in Boise, to bumping fists with Mario Cristobal on the 50-yard line at Ohio State following the huge upset. I have formed lifetime friendships with so many people in the Duck community.

But all good things come to an end and today is my last day as publisher. The time has come for me to focus on some new challenges and opportunities that are in front of me.

Members will be well taken care of in the future with content. Ryan Young, who has been publishing the USC site, will take over the duties with Oregon. His focus is going to be heavily on recruiting in addition to team coverage.

I have agreed to continue to help with the message boards, as well as event coverage in the future. Scott Reed and Brandon Gibson will be doing the same. The familiar admins you have gotten to know over the years aren’t planning to go anywhere.

I owe so many thank you’s. First to the DSA members who have been such a huge part of my life. To the admins like Scott and Brandon who have been with me for years. To the coaches who have treated me with friendship and respect. To the players and parents who I interact with to this day. To Rivals.com which has been a fantastic company to work with.

I look forward to the fun of bantering with DSA members in the months and years to come.

All for now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News