ADVERTISEMENT

DSA INside Read: Tomorrow's recruiting notes

Scott Reed

Duck Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 17, 2003
Mostly tomorrow is a full scouting report on each of the new commitments, but here are he recruiting notes from the weekend:

RECRUITING NOTES:

The Ducks hosted a large contingent of 2025, 2026, and 2027 FSP athletes as well as a smaller contingent of elite 2024 prospects over the weekend and the events held (like the scavenger hunt) were a massive hit with the players as it showed the personable side of Dan Lanning and this staff.

Brandon Baker is still set for an official visit in June, so it should show something that he also made the quick, unexpected trip over the weekend. Offneive line coach A’lique Terry had some ground to make up early on in this process, and everything I have heard is that he has been a force in every room he enters.

At this point, based on the things I have heard, what we have all seen, and the prioritization Terry has put into getting Baker, I would be very surprised to see him end up anywhere other than Oregon.

For a long time, Georgia has been considered a heavy favorite for Aydin Breland, but the Ducks have made up tremendous ground and the work being done by Tony Tuioti, Tosh Lupoi, and Dan Lanning has gone a long way to close the gap.

While one unexpected visit may not mark a change in long term projections, the Ducks are slowly working their way in this one and I like the Ducks chances more today than I did a week ago.

I think that – despite some visits to other schools over the last couple of months – Terry has done a great job with Fox Crader and there is a strong indication that he is very happy with his commitment to Oregon. His visit along with Trent Ferguson and Baker this past weekend are a pretty good tell that he staff want this group of linemen to start developing chemistry for the future.

More and more I feel like Jason Brown is also going to be an Oregon commit whenever that time comes. He loves Coach Lock and the offensive system and feels a close relationship with several of the incoming 2024 guys.

All for now!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News