ADVERTISEMENT

Did Arizona go big enough to keep up with Oregon's rise?

PorterStarrByrd

Duck Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Nov 17, 2013
Moose Wallow, Maine

I'm not sure they could have gotten a guy who could meet the challenge, but I don't they got what they needed, someone with a great recruiting reputation or head coaching experience. Let's face it, Few, with his record and NCAA "automatic invitations" at Gonzaga, is the draw. This year his undefeated track was almost interrupted by a play-in PAC12 team (an OT win in the semi-finals) and cut short in the Finale. It could be argued Gonzaga would have a hard time winning in a major conference, and might well have not have in two of them this year.

Arizona is not out of the woods yet with regard to possible NCAA sanctions, though a similar infraction drew USC, which has a troubled NCAA violation history of recent as a university, a light wrist slap. With Oregon's recent records and with UCLA and USC successes have upped the competition for recruiting within the conference. I double the name. Tommy Lloyd is that of someone many of today's HS players have dreamt of becoming.

Time will tell, but I'm voting this hire as a fail though I doubt a big time win was possible for the Cats to bring in.

Reactions: rockinrandy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News