ADVERTISEMENT

Cal week: Wednesday practice notes...

A.J. Jacobson

Duck Hall of Famer
Staff
Apr 3, 2002
Eugene, Oregon
I just got back from the Wednesday practice session. Here is what I noticed today:

• Mood - I would say the mood of the team is right where you want it to be. They do not seem nervous or anxious at all, more business-like. I also noticed guys moving to the music between drills so not a lot of tightness.
  • I spent my time watching the WR and the DL. Johnson was on the receivers about details but was keeping it pretty light, while Salave'a was more in instruction mode the drills I saw of them. I liked how Johnson was also focusing on blocking.
  • Mirabal - Today was my first chance to talk to Coach Mirabal one-on-one. It was more accidental as I was standing on the sidelines watching the OL run through plays and he came over to grab a pad and said
"How are you doing?"
"Fine, coach, how about yourself?" I replied.
"Doing great."
"I have been wanted to say, great job this year with the OL, coach. I really think they are coming along nicely."
"Well thanks I appreciate that. It is because of the foundation Coach Cristobal has laid down."
"Oh I think you deserve some credit too, coach. I see the details and discipline you are instilling in them."
"Appreciate it. My name is Alex."
"A.J. Jacobson. Pleasure to meet you."

• Walking wounded: Noticed a number of guy in the walking wounded group. The only one who seemed relatively serious was Bryan Addison whose knee looked stiff. TBJ and Breeland both had their ankles taped up pretty good but TBJ was moving well. Breeland seemed to be favoring one foot a bit but who knows if it was just the tape job.
  • Coach Cristobal said Austin Faoliu and TBJ are both 50/50 for the Cal game.
  • D-Mitch: I thought he was looking really good today. Almost like the Stanford game boosted his confidence. He was running his routes then snagging the ball with his hands. Looked good.
All for now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News