ADVERTISEMENT

Bored...... so want to talk about Saturday....

Storminduck

Duck Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2002
Longview, Washington
I have predicted a loss and hope I am wrong. I will give some of my concerns and welcome feedback on how you all are all thinking.
I think the offense will do O.K., as Utah is not real good against the run. However they may be better than most teams stacking the box, not afraid of the deep ball. I also don't see us wearing them out like we do most teams with our OL pounding away! Like Scott had mentioned they have a couple fast, aggressive LB/ends we need to make pay for their aggresiveness with play calling! Obviously protecting the ball is key! I think Brown needs to connect with at least two downfield passes (20 yard plus).

Our defense has been playing well but we will need 4 qtrs., not three qtrs. like we often show. Utah has three very good RB's and a good line. Rising is a good runner and passer so nothing is going to be easy. They also have a couple great hybrid TE's who love that 8-12 yard pass which we tend to struggle against. We need our stars to play like stars and everybody else to play solid games imo. to have a chance for the victory. I am hoping Rising isn't as calm as he has looked in a big game situation.

Utah always has great ST play, we need to be more than solid here Saturday also! Who will be returning punts!?

Thoughts? GO DUCKS!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News