ADVERTISEMENT

Behind the Scenes Recruiting

coreyegner

Duck Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
Portland, Oregon
So....my gal went to the Woman's Day Clinic again this weekend and came back with all sorts of cool stories.

One that particularly caught my attention was from a forum they had with the coach's wives.

Mrs. Cristobol said that they frequently had players over for dinner and whatnot. Apparently, they have an open door policy so if a kid gets lonely or homesick, he can head over to Mario's house and hang out or get some food. She says that they never order out for food because when a player comes over to eat, she wants them to have a homecooked, family-style experience.

Mrs. C also said that the coach's wives are important to the recruiting effort when the recruits and the player's families visit Eugene.

It seems the wives spend a fair amount of time with the recruit's mothers....and the moms really like to know that their kids will a have a surrogate mom's support. They feel good knowing that the Eugene ladies will take care of their kids.

I never knew any of that.

I think that is really cool and I had no idea the coach's wives were that involved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News