ADVERTISEMENT

Visit recap: 4-star LSU CB commit Daylen Austin talks recent Oregon trip

Matt Moreno

Duck Blue-Chipper
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2011
California

LSU 4-star CB Commit Daylen Austin was on in Eugene for a visit to Autzen earlier this month as he continues to assess all his options at this stage of the process. He'll be in Baton Rouge this weekend for his official visit with the Tigers and his commitment to that program remains in place, but Oregon has continued to push in the hopes of getting him to flip to the Ducks by the time he's ready to sign his NLI. Austin has built some strong relationships with the coaching staff at Oregon led by his relationships with Demetrice Martin and Tosh Lupoi. The Ducks now also have his former DB coach at Long Beach Poly, Rashad Wadood, on staff as the team's director of community engagement.

Austin credits Wadood for a lot of his growth and development as a high-level player over the last couple years. The Rivals250 prospect is keeping his ears open to schools that want to continue recruiting him, and Oregon is among that group. He says USC, Miami, Michigan State and Louisville are the other schools staying in touch this fall.

His connection with the staff at Oregon is clear, and he has a lot of appreciation for what the Ducks bring to the table.

"Going up there it's like family to me. They've been talking to me for a minute. I've built a good relationship with most of them up there. So, it just felt like a little family trip just seeing old friends or whatever you wanna call it."

Austin says right now his plan is to hold off on signing an NLI until February giving Oregon more time to continue pursuing him as a member of its 2023 class.

Read the full update at the link up top.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News