ADVERTISEMENT

Tomorrow's recruiting notes

Scott Reed

Duck Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 17, 2003
RECRUITING NOTES:

• As I mentioned last night, I expect Dillon Gresham to pick Oregon on Monday. Gresham has all of the tools to be something special at the next level as he showcases impressive athleticism, agility, and great hands. His route running is precise, as he consistently creates separation from defenders and demonstrates excellent body control while making difficult catches. Gresham possesses outstanding speed, enabling him to stretch the field and be a deep threat. He shows a knack for finding open spaces in the defense and has the ability to make plays after the catch, displaying elusiveness and a burst of acceleration.

• I also expect a Double quack Saturday. I really feel like Oregon has been trending for both Michael van Buren and Xadavien Sims over the last few weeks.

The biggest question is how much of a push Oklahoma makes and can they get him to make a Sooner commitment. Right now even my Sooner insiders feel like this one has turned in Oregon’s favor – so much so that there are already the ‘we didn’t want him anyway’ comments coming from their message boards. Sooner insiders have told me that they think he is Oregon as well.

• Oregon has made the final five for tight end Ryner Swanson who will be making an official visit next soon. The Ducks are in a solid position and will continue to be so. There is a chance he takes a religious mission prior to his first season, so let’s see how the rest of his recruitment plays out.

• We don’t get much stuff on basketball, but Vyctorius Miller, the illustrious 4-star shooting guard and the nation's No. 31 overall player according to Rivals.com, is currently gracing the campus of the University of Oregon for an official visit with the Ducks. The basketball world eagerly anticipates his decision as he explores his collegiate options.

What makes this visit all the more intriguing is Miller's connection with Mookie Cook, a highly sought-after 5-star prospect and incoming freshman at Oregon. These two exceptional talents were once teammates at Compass Prep High School in Arizona, forging a formidable partnership on the court. Their potential reunion in Eugene adds an extra layer of excitement to this visit.

While Miller's physical attributes as a "big guard" have long been recognized, it is his dynamic skill set that truly sets him apart. Blessed with size, length, and exceptional ball-handling ability, he effortlessly orchestrates plays, both for himself and his teammates. His passing prowess is particularly noteworthy, leaving defenders scrambling to anticipate his next move.

Amidst his visit to Oregon, Miller remains deeply rooted in his home state of Arizona, where he continues to dominate the prep basketball scene. His commitment and dedication to honing his craft are evident, as he consistently proves himself a standout player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News