ADVERTISEMENT

remaining scholarship math

Katoduck95

Duck Blue-Chipper
Mar 18, 2002
Was nerding out tonight looking at my depth chart/recruiting tracker I put together each year and it seems like the Ducks scholarship math isn't adding up, considering how many recruits they are still pursing.

As the ducks are in the last year of scholarship restrictions from the punishment over Lylegate, they can only have a maximum of 84 scholarship players this fall.

OUT EARLY:

Early NFL entries (2): Marcus Mariota, Arik Armstead
Transfers (3): Chance Allen, Stephen Amoako, Dominique Harrison
Retiring (1): Sam Kamp

As of today the fall roster would look like this:

Seniors (18): Byron Marshall, BJ Kelley, Pharoah Brown, Koa Ka-ai, Tyler Johnstone, Haniteli Lousi, Andre Yruetagoyena, DeForest Buckner, Christian French, Tui Talia, Stetzen Bair, Alex Balducci, Tyson Colemen, Rodney Hardrick, Joe Walker, Issac Dixon, Zach Schuller, Jamal Prater.

RS Junior (1): Braylon Addison

Junior (13): Jeff Lockie, Thomas Tyner, Dwayne Stanford, Evan Baylis, Johnny Mundt, Cameron Hunt, Cody Carriger, TJ Daniels, Torrodney Prevot, John Ragin, Reggie Daniels, Matt Wogan, Paris Bostick.

RS Sophomore (1): Eddie Heard Jr.

Sophomore (21): Ty Griffin, Royce Freeman, Kani Benoit, Devon Allen, Darren Carrington, Doug Brenner, Charles Nelson, Tyrell Crosby, Elijah George, Jake Pisarcik, Evan Voeller, Henry Mondeaux, Austin Maloata, Justin Hollins, Danny Mattingly, Jimmie Swain, Chris Seisay, Arrion Springs, Juwaan Williams, Tyree Robinson, Tanner Carew.

RS Freshman (8): Tony James, Jalen Brown, Braden Eggert, Jalen Jelks, Glen Ihenacho, Khalil Oliver, Morgan Mahalak, Mattrell McGraw.

True Freshman (20): Travis Waller, Taj Griffin, Alex Ofodile, Malik Lovette, Jacob Breeland, Zach Okun, Shane Lemieux, Calvin Throckmorton, Brady Aiello, Jake Hansen, Canton Kaumatule, Gus Cumberlander, Juhree Stewart, Dylan Kane, PJ Locke, Fotu Leiato, Ugo Amadi, Rex Manu, Gary Baker, Drayton Carlberg.

If my math is correct, that would put the scholarship count at 82, only leaving room for two more recruits in this cycle. However, we know that they are still pursing Darrin Paulo, Kirk Merritt, Jonah Moi and Semisi Uluave (although he is taking his mission and would not count against this class). Still some mild to wild speculation that they are still trying to pursue John Houston, Iman Marshall, Tyrone Wheatley Jr., and the infamous Kyler Murray.

So, that would lead me to believe that the coaches are planning on having at least 1 maybe up to 3 more open spots due to attrition.

Thoughts?

Kato

This post was edited on 1/27 11:19 PM by Katoduck95

This post was edited on 1/27 9:34 PM by Katoduck95

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News