ADVERTISEMENT

I totally understand the individual right to post....

UniveraDuck

Duck Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2009
Whatever the hell they want and I respect that is the agenda for an online forum.

Just like a 3-5 year old child that gets little attention or affection unless they are misbehaving...you will teach that child to misbehave if they want attention & affection.

When someone like Duckfan37 posts just absolute literary diarrhea... if you respond, it cannot be positive. He will respond that just by your responding you are giving merit, if you disagree, he will receive positive reinforcement because you are engaging with his nonsense. He has posted this exact same DIARRHEA
many many times. Now, if you enjoy someone posting absolute literary DIARRHEA on this forum, because you enjoy it or are just bored and find the banter entertaining than by all means keep reinforcing it...because I can 💯 % guarantee it will continue. He has done it for many many years with each coaching staff and certain players from each year. Although he is entitled to his opinion, his negative mindset, and his hideous BS comments about the DUCKS staff & players...means absolutely ZERO...until you give it merit by responding! EVERYONE on here knows damn right well...the DUCKS football team is in a far far better position than when Helfrich & Tagfart left the program...if you don’t know that, then you are just being stupid! All of CFB including ALL the coaches, AD’s, announcers, and reporting pundits state it weekly! I don’t give a crap whether you’re in the I hate MC or I love me some MC camp....you can hate his personality, you can hate the way he left, you can hate the entire hiring of him and anyone he brought here for staff. Hell you can hate Mullens for everyone he’s hired...that’s your prerogative...but claiming the program is now at it’s lowest & is in worse condition than before he got hired is not just wrong, insane, but puts you in the same ignorant ridiculous circle that DuckFan37 is the proud CEO. We have one issue with ONE position in our program...and it’s one that is very common in CFB today. It’s the insanely important QB position...

So let’s look at what has actually changed and why/when did this become a problem...

The problem for the DUCKS at QB...actually happened because of a myriad of issues...and it started during the CK era. Chip and Helfrich for 4 years failed to recruit, develop, and play a legitimate back-up or replacement for Mariota. Because of this Locke & Rodrigues did not pan out & Bryan Bennett transferred out. Which truly started to show the real problem...In 2015 post Marietta, we had a promising QB Morgan Mahalak, but he was a true green pea FR...so they brought in VA. Which IMO, was not only the correct thing to do but the smart one as well. In 2016...we tried that successful experiment one more time, because we had another true green pea FR Herbert as the only real QB...don’t remember exactly why Mahalak transferred but he did. We went and got Prukop...this IMO, was a poor choice and it turned into being this decision & the promoting of Pellum that ultimately caused the wheels to fall off the DUCKS bus, hit the ditch, and burst into flames. Helfrich is fired. Now, Herbert begins his true first full time season starting with a new HC & new OC w/system....not fckn ideal. Then in 2017 we get the Tagfart shit show and our starting QB Herbert gets to start 2018 with another HC and the same OC but a little different system....again far from ideal environment for your QB room! Another fine young prospect B. Burmeister is in the room...2018 BB is a soph and Tyler Shough beats him out for back up & BB transfers. See a pattern here...see the disruption of the lack of continuity of coaches and systems for the QB position? Now insert the transfer portal and the NEW revolving “quick opt out“ mind set to the QB position. And Houston we have a problem. And damn it guys...this does NOT FALL ON ONE GUY at Oregon. 2020...again follows this pattern but add in Covid-19, shortened season...to the replacement of Arroyo! AGAIN, Shough quits and hits the portal...2021 IMO, unless you don’t like 10 win seasons, CFB playoff contention, P12 North Championships, and bowl games....THANK GOD the staff had an experienced BACK-UP in the program that they only brought in for DEPTH...or they would have been hunting the portal for another QB.
So here we are..with DA’s needing to blame someone for their selfish self-centered unhappiness!🙈😩 And here we are DUCKS fans...2022 begins with a COMPLETE new coaching staff...un-proven talented recruits at QB, along with a transfer portal QB. Blame who you want...but this is not one man’s issue, this is not one staff’s fault...it is what it is, is it the sign of the times in CFB...hope not. Can we turn the cycle back to one of continuity & consistency...of course!!
However, may I recommend strapping on your cup & tightening your helmet? YEPPERS👍😜

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News