ADVERTISEMENT

Here is what I know: -UPDATED 12/5

Scott Reed

Duck Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 17, 2003
McElwain:
- Yes, there are legs to the McElwain interest. I cover some of those in a new article up in the AM.
- He and a couple members of his staff have deep ties to the NW.
- McElwain was hired by Jeremy Foley at Florida, but Foley just retired and word is that McElwain and his new AD Scott Stricklin do not see eye-to-eye
- There are also some industry folks who say that McElwain does not really like some of the infrastructure at Florida
- Stricklin's previous gig was as AD at Mississippi State; guess who he'd love to bring along?

Chip Kelly:
- Chip Kelly rumors. They are heating up. One source who I have never quoted before (and still won't name) has said as much as "it is a done deal. Still some details contractually to be figured out." Not sure if I entirely believe this, but he is a close confidant of the inner circle for Knight, so he absolutely could know

Greg Schiano:
- Greg Schiano is a possibility. He has the ability to rebuild a program with toughness and structure. Phil really likes him and he has done a tremendous job as the DC at Ohio State, not to mention building Rutgers from a laughing stock into a very good program

Harsin:
- Pretty sure Oregon has reached out to him, but he is not in the top 3 of their list and probably will not get that low.

Frost:
- Do not discount this possibility. Phil Knight loves Frost and Frost knows the culture well. He is an exceptional recruiter who could easily get most of the recruits back on board. Clearly his staff has strong Oregon ties as well

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News