ADVERTISEMENT

Feedback from Elijah Rushing's father post visit

srduck

Duck Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Mar 10, 2011
Elijah Rushing, is the No. 1 ranked Edge rusher in the nation and consensus 5-Star...and who might have the most appropriate name ever for a football player.

“It was another great visit,” Rushing’s father, George, told 247Sports. “Their ability to prepare their players and development was another big selling point again. It was a solid trip, obviously they have all the bells and whistles as far as facilities and technology, but it was really good to get more personal time with everyone there."

“I’m from the South, so coach Lanning reminds me of the coaches I grew up knowing. There’s a Southern feel, he’s very welcoming and just seemed like a genuine straight shooter. He’s a real person and there’s no fluff.”

“One of the big things we discussed was making it a powerful room,” George Rushing said. “For coach Lanning it’s going to be about bringing waves of guys to get after the quarterback, similar to places like Alabama and Georgia where they don’t let up. It’s not just about the first group there or about the big pass rusher, it’s a total effort from the second and third unit, just bringing constant pressure and not letting up."

"They believe Elijah can be a huge part of that. They did an outstanding job.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News