ADVERTISEMENT

The Fix?

coreyegner

Duck Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
Portland, Oregon
It's time to get creative.

I get that MC and staff are imbuing a culture, a system here and that they are doing so with one hand tied behind their backs due to injuries and a corresponding lack of depth.

I get that they have to stick to their guns and take their lumps while they are getting new recruits into the system.

However, as SoCal and others state....its time to shake things up.

We need a couple of wins..., especially against the Beavs.

1. We need to get Redd into the game. He is, arguably, our most dynamic playmaker. He can't seem to get open running routes at WR, so, for goodness sake, put him in the backfield or let him return kicks or do something to get the ball into his hands at least 9 to 10 times a game.

2. I don't know what they see in practice. I figure they are playing their best practice players but hell...if Johnson can't get open or hold onto the ball, in a game, then give someone else a chance.

Davis is supposed to have wheels.....throw him the ball....give him a try...can't be any worse.

And, BTW, if our receiver cannot get open...isn't that a direct reflection of their position coach? Or are all of our guys that slow and dumb that they cannot be coached to run better routes?

3. Don't know what to do about RT...Brady is not the answer.

4. Can we please get the TE involved in the passing game? Doesn't have to be way down the field either...just get him the ball.

5. Roll out Herbert more...he is great on the move and then he is not a sitting duck (no pun intended).

6. How about we run outside a little more...our backs are about 197 lbs and don't need to run through the middle all of the time.....or do they not have the quicks to turn the corner? Redd does.

7. I feel that we have to go to an up-tempo game.....do not let the D get set and then do quick, short passes or runs.

8. Speaking of tempo, how about calling a couple plays in advance like teams have done for years.

I am so tired of getting some MO going and then we get to the line in a hurry, call a couple of signals and then everyone looks to the sideline for the call.

I get that this keeps the D from making substitutions but it still slows down the offense and takes away the momentum.

Get to the line and snap the friggin ball and get the D on its heels. Don't need to run Chip's Spread O to do this.

9. Get more creative WR routes. Run a freakin pick or something but get someone open.

10. Figure out how to score a TD in the Red Zone. Quit running up the middle with the guys that can currently play. Save that for next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News