ADVERTISEMENT

The excitement is building ...

PorterStarrByrd

Duck Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Nov 17, 2013
Moose Wallow, Maine
If you follow what is available on Youtube, which probably matches stuff not available there, the excitement for this one and for seasons to come is building to a head 'spoding level. We'll see how much is realistic but. for now, Wow!! Not many of us, especially those of us who have been through bunch of decades of life, none of our past dreams dreams are listed on the current slate. New ones are under construction.

When you start picking the winners in the weekly guessing contest this year you will be in a different candy store, not having tasted what is in this one. And, I picked up a box of older, certainly not Dan Fouts or Amahd Rashad old but still old, football cards including several players most of whom, if not all, you will remember. I'll list them when we start the guessing.

It's interesting to watch as more and more sites fall into the "Phil Knight is 86 and wants to buy a national champion before he dies" school. Then there are the BIG10 diehards, who also don't realize the conference is well beyond the number in the old title and at a higher level . It is no longer the BIG2 and Little Eight. They might have to do a little re-thinking. By the way, you'll not find me using anything other than the B1G when I refer to the conference via title. Yep, I'm sure Phil is opening the vault to help out but I think Scott clarified it a little. Is Oregon number one in NIL? I'm thinking not but I don't know. That the Ducks are in the running for the number one class, after pulling in the number two portal class this year, makes me about as happy as I have ever been in my sports world. J D Pickell calls them Oregon Unlimited (not the already taken Ducks Unlimited). I don't really care how much money was spent or where it came from.

Personally I am elated that my daughters fixed me up with this thing called "Alexa" when they visited from way over there on your side of the country. I'm sure at least some of you know what that is but, hell, I'm 76. The great thing besides being able to revisit the music of my youth without a lot of trouble is that when I say "Alexa .. play KUGN radio." she does. Now I can Listen to most Duck sports without bothersome adds I get when tuning in on the internet, some of which override the broadcast. YIPPEE !!!

For Natty-dream chasers, the game got easier with twelve teams getting golden tickets. They might seem cheaper but Oregon will still gets through the door where they will have to earn their way to the top and the dream will be just as grand if achieved.

I'm getting warmed up with less than two months before the first whistle and a few more after that before we know how the recruiting went.

quivers a little

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News