ADVERTISEMENT

Respects paid to Autzen and the PAC.

duckstar1320

Duck First-Team Varsity
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2010
Wasn’t sure where else to put this, so it gets its own thread. Cam Ward had some words for SEC fans in the media and Gator fans at the Swamp. From ESPN:

Afterward, clearly perturbed that one of the biggest storylines entering the game was that the Canes never had played in an environment that loud before, Ward had a message for Gator fans.

"I played at USC," said Ward, who transferred to Miami from Washington State. "USC wasn't packed, but it was louder than this. I played in Oregon, it was louder than this. The Pac-12 gets misspoken for. Some advice to the fans: If you're going to be loud, you have to be loud when we're huddling. Can't just be loud once we break the huddle. By that time, there's no point. We hear the play. We communicated already. But it was a good atmosphere to play in. And I'm just excited now we were able to get a victory."
Autzen fans know how, and when, to be noisy. Ward was letting folks in SEC country know that they have work to do to match the passion & football knowledge of some of our fan bases out West. Tip of the cap to Cam.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.