ADVERTISEMENT

QuantumDuck Crap Vol. 2 - The PAC 2.

QuantumDuck

Duck Four-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2003
*Notice: all opinions in this post are in no way supported or approved by DSA or any other person with an IQ over 100.

Welcome back to QuatumDuck’s round table and my returning guests are OldAsHellDuck, GenXDuck69, HuskyHater13 and DuckGirl23.

You may have noticed the “notice” at the top of the page. I was contacted by DSA Legal to add this to all my posts if I wanted to keep my membership. You would think a guy who has been a member since 2003 would get more respect. Sheesh.

Today’s topic is what happens to the PAC 2 going forward?

HuskyHater13: Who cares.

OldAsHellDuck: I agree, they are now where they belong. Why just the other day I was in Costco and a BarkRat was walking buy wearing this shirt that said, “Built Not Bought.” We made eye contact, and I said, “You have built yourself a really nice Mountain West Team.” He turned a bright orange, and I saw his hand clinch into a fist. I stared him down and I saw the fear in his eyes, and he quietly walked away.

GenXDuck69: Alex can I get “Things that did not happen”, for $1000 please.

OldAsHellDuck: Yes it did, I can’t wait to see you at the DSA Tailgate, I am going to give you a serious ass whooping.

QuantumDuck: Let’s stay on topic guys.

DuckGirl23: I think it would be better if you used the term “persons”, instead of “guys.”

OldAsHellDuck: You can’t be serious?

GenXDuck69: I think she is. By the way, what are you pronouns?

DuckGirl23: Thank you for asking. She/her are my pronouns. I can see I am already having a good influence on you.

HuskyHater13: Staying on topic, the Beavs and the Cougs literally made their own bed. Larry Scott came in with the idea of expansion and even revenue sharing. Back in 2010 the PAC 12 decided to go from the model where each game was split with 55% of the money going to the participants and 45% to the rest of the league, to everything was split even. Even that idiot Mike Garrett at USC warned that equal revenue sharing would cause USC to leave the PAC 12, it just took 14 years for it happen.

DuckGirl23: I think the equal revenue sharing is the only fair way to do things, but how would OSU and WSU know that USC would actually leave?

GenXDuck69: HuskyHater13 is on to something here. This falls under basic Game Theory. USC in 2010 was in no position to leave the PAC 12. In 2011 the PAC signs a 12-year media rights deal with ESPN and Fox that starts in August of 2012. There is your end date on USC possibly leaving in 2024. Larry Scott to that point had over promised and under delivered. He failed in his quest to expand the PAC with Texas and Oklahoma. OSU and WSU fully bought in to Larry Scott, just assuming there was no way USC would leave, that they had some type of loyalty to the Conference of Champions. They needed to evaluate, what would it take to make sure USC does not leave, and if they do leave, what happens to us and the rest of the PAC 12.

OldAsHellDuck: So the Barkrats and the Coug-its were walking around the yard holding Larry Scott’s pockets, when in reality they needed to be holding USC’s pockets.

DuckGirl23: Excuse me, what does that mean exactly?

OldAsHellDuck: Go watch the movie Shawshank Redemption.

HuskyHater13: Exactly right OldAsHellDuck. All they cared about was making more money right then and did not think about the future.

GenXDuck69: Unless the Big 12 throws out some sort of life raft, the updated version of the “PAC whatever”, will be nothing more than a glorified version of Mountain West.

HuskyHater13: Look at Oregon and Washington, they quickly realized they were doomed in a PAC 12 without USC and UCLA, so they took less money now, so they would make more in the future and be in a conference that would not be going anywhere.

OldAsHellDuck: Don’t forget Stanford and Cal. They also had nowhere to land. The ACC only accepted them because they agreed to take no money. You would think two institutions known for being so “smart,” would have seen this happing from a mile away.

GenXDuck69: No doubt. The hubris was strong in the Bay area.

QuantumDuck: In conclusion, it sounds like you three believe the Beavers and Cougs should have seen it coming, but their greed didn’t allow them to see disaster coming at them. They are now relegated to some form of the Mountain West. I am impressed, this conversation went half-way decent. Next up Idaho predictions.

Around College Football
Colorado Buffalos – It turns out that after the loss against Oregon last year, the Buffs filed a complaint with the PAC 12 that there had been multiple potential incursions into the team’s online service Catapult.

They alleged Oregon played a roll. Catapult could not find any incursions and Colorado let the issue drop. Here is the link to the article Colorado Accuses Oregon

I was at that game; Oregon did not need to cheat to beat that team. In fact, if I correctly remember, coaches from all over the nation were calling Oregon with information to share on how to beat Colorado. Deon was buying the hype the media was giving him, and Oregon gave him a beatdown and began a string of losses that brought him back down to earth. Pathetic.

Note: Brandon already posted this, dammit.

Week 0 recap.
Number 10 Florida State looked like crap losing to unranked Georgia Tech 24 – 21 in Ireland. For a team in FSU that supposedly had the best defensive line in the country, they got pushed around by a much-improved Georgia Tech offensive line. On paper this was mismatch, and FSU should not have had any problems winning this game.

Mike Norvell is in trouble if he cannot turn this around quickly. Getting beat is one thing, but getting beat because your players are not playing as a team is a whole different issue.

SMU beat Nevada 29 – 24 in another game that on paper should not have been close. SMU was a dark horse to win the ACC and Nevada was picked to finish last in the Mountain West. This another case of a team just showing up assuming a win was just going to happen. I am sure Nevada is improved, but SMU looked unprepared. In the second half they realized the RJ Maryland was a nightmare mismatch for Nevada. If the kid does not go pro, look for him to be sitting on a power 4 roster next year.

Reactions: Brandon Gibson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.