ADVERTISEMENT

QuantumDuck Crap Vol. 1

QuantumDuck

Duck Four-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2003
Welcome to my round table on Duck Football. Here are my guests OldAsHellDuck, GenXDuck69, HuskyHater13 and DuckGirl23.

The first question I have is, "How is Dan Lanning doing as a coach? " OldAsHellDuck, you are out elder statesman here, why don't you go first?

OldAsHellDuck: Well, he is no Rick Brooks.

GenXDuck69: Not this shit again, Rick Brooks is the most overrated coach in Oregon history, he rode Mike Bellotti's coattails to his only success.

OldAsHellDuck: Bullshit, Bellotti took what Brooks built and improved on it. That is why we named the field after him.

GenXDuck69: Brooks was a sub .500 coach whose best season before Bellotti showed up was 6-3-2. He was a loser everywhere he coached.

OldAsHellDuck: He was a rebuilder of broken programs. The coaches that followed him had solid foundations to build on. Besides, if Bellotti is so great, why didn't he win Coach of the Year in the Pac 10, like Rich Brooks did?

QuantumDuck: OK, that is enough, let's hear from HuskyHater13.

GenXDuck69: Wait, I did not get to give my take on Lanning.

QuantumDuck: What is your take?

GenXDuck69: He is a young coach with only 2 years' experience as a head coach and is doing great. He is taking what Mario Cristobal built and improving on it, especially in the trenches and with recruiting.

OldAsHellDuck : Just like Bellotti built from what Brooks started.

GenXDuck69: Only if you count a 100-foot hole as a solid foundation.

OldAsHellDuck: I have had enough of you. At the DSA tailgate, I am going to whoop your ass.

GenXDuck69: Old man I am going put you in place, with a one punch knockout.

QuantumDuck: That is enough. I know if you two get in a fight at the DSA Tailgate, Scott Reed with thump both of you. That man is not too be trifled with. HuskyHater13 what is your opinion?

HuskyHater13: I like the way Dan recruits, and I like that he won both of his bowl games, but if he loses to the Huskies again, I am going to lose it. Being 0-3 against the Huskies and 1-1 against the Beavs will not cut it around here.

OldAsHellDuck: I agree, I could count on Rich to bring home a victory against the rodents almost every year.

GenXDuck69: How did he do against the leg humpers?

OldAsHellDuck: Kiss my ass.

QuantumDuck: Would you two please stop. We have not heard from DuckGirl23 yet, what do you think?

DuckGirl23: He is kind of cute for an old dude, but I want to know why has Oregon not hired a female head coach yet?

OldAsHellDuck: I will tell you why because she was in the kitchen making Rich Brooks a sandwich.

GenXDuck69: Ha ha, we agree on that one OAD. I prefer my females cheering for my team, not coaching it.

HuskyHater13: No doubt. Oregon has the best-looking cheerleaders in the country. 100 percent NFA.

DuckGirl23: You guys are chauvinists and what does NFA mean?

HuskyHater13: No Fatties Allowed.

DuckGirl23: You cannot say that. That is not being inclusive. I am reporting all 4 of you to Scott Reed. He will ban all of you.

QuantumDuck: I am just going to stop this now, this is exhausting. We will see if we can get a round table together to get some game 1 predictions against Idaho. Assuming Scott does not ban us all.

Around the B1G
I am going to address a rumor that I find fascinating. This involves Michigan and their cheating scandals. Everyone has heard of the Connor Stallions illegal advanced scouting where he went to opponent's games and filmed their play calls with the plays they ran. This is not that scandal. This is related to a rumor involving the firing of Matt Weiss, an assistant coach for the Wolverines, for inappropriately accessing computer accounts at Schembechler Hall which houses the football offices.

Two years ago, before the Ohio St – Michigan game, it is rumored that Ryan Day implemented 4 plays that he had never used before at Ohio State, specifically for that game. During the game, Michigan covered each play perfectly. It was not that they were not successful, it was that Michigan called the perfect defense each time. One of the times was a goal line play where the tight end blocked and then went out to become a receiver. Somehow Michigan knew to drop their defense end into the perfect coverage. Ryan Day felt something was up.

Most teams in Division 1 football have a system that loads every play from games and practices. If you type in a player’s name, the application will pull up every play for that player to review and study. This is where it is believed that the hacking occurred. Now I am not sure of which application Ohio State uses, but it would not surprise me if most teams are using the same application on a cloud server. Hacking could be as simple as getting an admin password to the software and it accidently allowing you access to any teams data. Who knows for sure.

Quantum, that does not prove anything. Normally I would agree with you, but then the FBI was brought in on the Weiss case. This usually means that you crossed state lines while committing a felony.
Again, this is only a rumor, but if this turns out to be true, what would the penalty be? The death penalty would be the only right answer, and I doubt the NCAA or B1G would want to destroy one of their cash cows. Would they cover it up? Hard to say. Remember this is all rumors and innuendo.

That is all for now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.