ADVERTISEMENT

Please Indulge Me One More Time!

ramsuer

Duck Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 3, 2004
Track meets end with my favorite event, the 4x400 relay. It is a race of speed, but also a race of pain, determination, and team work.

Going into the 4x400 final. all the talk was about USC’ s 4x400 team. They are stacked with talent and have a renown sprint coach.

As the women came to the starting line,
I remarked “don’t count our women out this 4x400” These women are competitors.

When Grebo came out of the starting blocks, I could feel something
almost spiritual. Each exchange was smooth, and each leg was run as it they were being chased by a lion.

When Shaniya Hall crossed the finish line and collapsed from exhaustion on the track, Shana Grebo was there in an instant to celebrate with her. Moments later Ella Clayton and Katriina Wright joined into the group embrace. These kids are special.

The entire women’s team were cheering and dancing in the stands. They pulled off a 4x400 upset that will be long remembered. Never count these women out. NEVER!

They inspire me!

Special appreciation goes out to Shana Grebo for choosing to run with her COLLEGE teammates. We will see her again in the NCAA’s. She will be running for Oregon…. then we hope to see her in Paris running for France in their 4x 400.
She has made it clear that she loves the University of Oregon! We love her back!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News