ADVERTISEMENT

My take on Sitake from a Utah perspective as their publisher…

Alex Markham

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2011
I hope AJ doesn’t mind me jumping on here, but I’m well aware of the Sitake interview request rumors and it’s stuff I’ve heard from a good source, as well. I wanted to give my two cents on a helluva a coach and even better person…

He’s a brilliant defensive mind and has learned for years from one of the best, Kyle Whittingham. The one thing Kalani does different though is fully get out of the way of his offensive coordinator—OC Andy Ludwig being the one major exception for Whittingham. Sitake is a motivator, he’s a players coach, and his guys want to run through a brick wall for him. Of course being a player’s coach can also sometimes have its occasional downfalls, but his pluses far outweigh any minor negatives. Like Whittingham, he’s an expert at seeing potential in a kid and moving him positions, only to see the kid emerge as a force.

Sitake is well respected in coaching circles and he’d be able to put a really good staff together, when money doesn’t handcuff him. I’m not slamming his current staff, but respected position coaches and coordinators would want to coach with him when he’s at a school that will shell out for assistant.

Additionally, I’ve said this a long time, but once he’s a head coach at a P5 school—and without the strict Honor Code that BYU has to abide by— he’d knock it out of the park with the top Polynesian recruits.

He’d be one helluva get for the Ducks if they chose to go that route.

Happy Holidays, everyone! The Duck fanbase is one of the best around. Here’s to hoping for another Pac-12 title game rematch in 2022. Cheers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News