ADVERTISEMENT

How I handle a defection like Malepeai

Duckfan37

Duck Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2010
I am as disappointed as anyone about losing top guys in the 11th hour.So how do you handle being pissed off without crossing the line in wishing horrible things for a 17 year old?

I hope Malepeai stay healthy, gets a great education, and makes a lot of money in the NFL. As for his college career, I hope as a team they lose 8 or 9 games a year. I hope he ends up very disappointed and when he walks off the field against Oregon after a loss. I hope that he is unhappy in his decision and regrets the decision. I hope that if some kid from the islands asks him 5 years from now, if he made the right choice, he will say no. He will say that he could have won National championships at Oregon

In other words , have a good life, but I will take particular joy in seeing you fail on the football field at the college level. Having Malepeai fumble to cost the game against the Ducks in the Pac 12 championship would be perfect! To me, this is fair and reasonable without being a complete ass. A partial ass, yes, but not complete.

And now on to the guys who want to be Ducks. To me, Kirby for Malepeai is a good trade. If the Ducks were going to lose anyone, the position of running back, along with receiver, are the last positions I worry about. Not having a running back in this class will help Oregon a great deal in getting a couple of great prospects in 2017

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News