ramsuer

Duck Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 3, 2004
#1 the quarterback

#2 the O line

#3 the running backs.

Well actually #1 is the O coordinator.

Wide receiver is important, but if the play is well diagramed, the line does its job, the running game is working, then receivers get open. Carrington played really great at the Rose Bowl, but the system made it easier to look like he had a red S on his chest. Several times he was able to get open because of well conceived plays. Once Marcus puts the ball where an open receiver can catch it, we have several receivers that can take it to the house. I'm not saying that Carrington isn't great, but I am saying that the O line and the running game make the passing game work.

So as far as the O line goes....it is healthy and looking great. The QB is a Heisman. Oregon has the best one two punch at running back imaginable (with a healthy Tyner). The Tight end, Baylis, is looking terrific. Then there are three proven high quality staters in the receiving corp...Marshall, Stanford, and Lowe. OK, the depth isn't up to the usual, but it is, after all, depth and it is still pretty good....especially Nelson.

OK, Carrington is a blow, but not a deal killer....by no means. Having said all that, I have always felt that Oregon is going to have its hands full playing tOSU.....but not because they are missing Carrington. I'd say that right now that is the least of my worries.

This post was edited on 1/10 12:09 AM by ramsuer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News