ADVERTISEMENT

Ducks looking good with UCLA decommit...

A.J. Jacobson

Duck Hall of Famer
Staff
Apr 3, 2002
Eugene, Oregon
Four-star receiver Michael Pittman didn't try to make up excuses for his UCLA decommitment last week.

1656163.jpg
spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif

Michael Pittman could commit to Oregon this weekend.
He was frank and to the point. When asked why he parted ways with a pledge he made more than half a year ago, he said he essentially just liked other schools more.

"I've just been feeling different places and I just wanted to break the ties," the four-star athlete said. "That's kind of it. I still do like their school, but I had a recent change of heart and change of mind that I feel like is going to help me focus more. So that's what all went into it."

Reading between the lines, it's fairly easy to see Pittman, a 6-foot-4, 205-pound athlete, is feeling Oregon. He's slated to visit there this weekend, and with a sly smile during an interview last weekend, he said a Duck commitment "could be a possibility."

If for some reason Pittman goes against the grain, and doesn't make the expected flip to Oregon, he said his gameplan will be to wait his whole process out.

"I'm already getting a pretty good idea (of where I want to go), but if that doesn't happen, then I'm just going to wait until Signing Day and pull one of those commit on the spots and go 100 percent wherever I go," Pittman said.

For now, Pittman is still considering UCLA along with Oregon and USC. Odds are, however, that he ends his recruitment with the Ducks later this month.

"I've been talking to my dad about it and he says, 'Do whatever you feel because it's your life and you can't really blame people for your life,'" Pittman said. "So he just wants me to do what I think is best for me."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News