ADVERTISEMENT

USC and UW Coaching Carousel...Just for Fun

coreyegner

Duck Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
Portland, Oregon
So...just for fun, I'm trying to guess who might be the new FB coaches at USC and UW next year.

I'm saying that MC is going nowhere.

USC: Luke Fickell, though Kyle Whittingham is my dark horse. I cannot see any Big Time coaches heading to
USC other than maybe Franklin from PSU. Is USC a much better job than PSU?

Campbell from Iowa State would be interesting.

UW: Ouch! Once again I don't see any BIg Time coaches coming out to Seattle. I don't think that Peterson comes back. Justin Wilcox or Jonathon Smith will get a lot of press, but the Huskies need a home run here and I don't think that either of those guys are home runs.

Moorhead is getting some press but I don't think that he will make the donors happy either.

Campbell to UW?

Now, the Fresno coach is interesting, Kaelen DeBoer and he would jump at the chance, but is he high profile enough?

I really cannot see UW hiring some up-and-coming coordinator this time around. They need some star power. Good luck with that.

Other openings in the PAC should not pose an issue for USC and UW. However, I gotta figure that UW gets USC's leftovers.

Most of the "hot" names out there are from the East or South. Guys like Franklin, Napier, Aranda, etc. They might go to USC but UW? I doubt it. Would Aranda leave Baylor for a West Coast job?

Another problem for these two teams is that the LSU and (possibly), Florida and/or Miami jobs may open up. Gotta figure the aforementioned coaches have to look at LSU as a better job than USC these days. And if Florida and Miami are open...well, that puts a lot more pressure on USC and UW.

Also, if one of the aforementioned coaches takes, say, the LSU job, then that opens up another spot. Say that Franklin goes to LSU, then PSU is open. Is that job more attractive than UW. I'd say so.

If LSU can pull a rabbit out of a hat and get Lincoln Riley, then the SEC-bound Sooners position would open up and that would take another coaching candidate out of the pool.

If LSU pulls Mel Tucker then MSU opens up but I think that UW and USC can compete with that. (Would we call him Mel Taggert if he leaves MSU?)

If Jimbo goes to LSU then TAMU opens up...not sure UW can compete with that but USC could.

I guess USC could get back Orgeron...lol.

It could be very possible that in this game of musical chairs, UW and maybe even USC may be without a seat at the Hot Coaches table when the music stops.

As long as they leave MC alone, I love this stuff.

Any thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News