ADVERTISEMENT

In retrospect I would retract statement on the Ducks being "soft"

Duckfan37

Duck Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2010
The Ducks may have been soft compared to Ohio state, but so is every other team in the country. Alabama and Wisconson are physical teams and they had the same outcome as the Ducks. Looking back on the season, the Ducks outplayed many physical teams on the line of scrimmage. Stanford, Michigan state, and Florida state to name a few. They are not soft. They are the 2nd best team in the country.

I still believe that if the Ducks make those 3rd down catches they have a chance. I am still extremely upset with Carrington. As a whole though, the Ducks played hard and had a great run. They just ran into something really special in Ohio state

It stings because Urban Meyers is a cocky SOB, and most of us felt that this was Oregon's destiny. I would now rather beat those guys more than Alabama, or any other SEC team. 0-9 doesn't sit well. The further you go in a season , the harder it is to accept defeat. All in all it was a tremendous year by the coaches and players

As an aside, I think their is a real chance that Mariota comes back. If I was advising him, I would tell him to take the money, but I think it will really be hard for him. I think he loves college and doesn't really want to leave yet. Its going to be a heart vs. head debate

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News