ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland Browns: Who is Ifo Ekpre-Olomu?

With the 241st pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns selected cornerback Ifo Ekpre-Olomu from the University of Oregon. History may show that with that pick the Browns got the steal of the 2015 draft.

We all know Ekpre-Olomu’s story by now: a highly touted defensive back who was projected to go high in the draft before he was struck down by a devastating knee injury in practice preparing for the first ever college football playoffs.

But who is Ifo Ekpre-Olomu?

Browns fans need to be patient with Ifo

Jake Fisher a TE for the Bengals?

Left tackle. Right tackle. Left guard. Right guard. Tight end?

Jake Fisher has been willing and able to play any position along the line of scrimmage for the Cincinnati Bengals during his first offseason training activities as a professional, but offensive coordinator Hue Jackson decided he wanted the big rookie lineman from Oregon to show his stuff in the passing game.

That's right. The 6-foot, 6-inch, 306-pounder ran a couple of patterns out of tackle eligible sets, and his quarterbacks made sure to find out if he could catch the rock.

Fisher shows hands in OTA's

Visitor from Utah...

Smithfield (Utah) Skyview three-star outside linebacker Max Christensen tells me he worked out for some Oregon coaches on campus today, so he'll wait to hear if the Ducks intend to get more serious...

"They just wanted me to run a few drills, test my athleticism and see what I could do," Christensen said. "It went pretty well."

Christensen will camp with Stanford on Tuesday before returning home.

Player page: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Max-Christensen-172431

QUAAACK

Mililani (Hawaii) three-star running back Vavae Malepeai tells me he has committed to Oregon on his unofficial visit. It's a big pick up for the Ducks, who continue their hot streak in the region.

Oregon now has the state's top-rated player (Brady Breeze), the state's top tight end (Cam McCormick) and arguably the best receiver in California (Theo Howard), and now perhaps the best all-around back in the West.

Hawaii RB with Duck ties could be...

joining the flock soon.

Vavae Malepeai RB Hawaii

milifeat.jpg

(Photo credit: HawaiiPrepWorld,com)

He has had multiple uncles play for the Ducks, so it is mentioned in one of the pieces that they knew about his Oregon offer before he did. As mentioned before, he was also a teammate of Rex Manu in HS. Add in the MM Hawaiian connection and Vavae is now claiming a decent chance that he commits on his upcoming unofficial visit to his "dream" school.

Although only a 3-star prospect, he currently has around 18 offers, including USC, Michigan, and others.

Hawaii news article

OLive "50/50" article

Hudl highlights

Mariota carrying load for Titans...

Interesting column from the Tennessean about the QB we are lending them.

They're banking on the belief Mariota is the next big thing. And I guess it makes sense. If you're trying to sell season tickets, what's your better pitch: Using a picture of Mariota and the tag line "Witness The Beginning" or posting a photo of a cheerleader accompanied by the phrase "After 2-14, It Can't Get Any Worse, Right?"

Mariota face of Titans

Post-meet quotes...

Robert Johnson, Oregon Head Coach — 1st Place Team

On winning the women’s title…“We’ve been second in this one for a long time, so for us to finally get one on the 30th anniversary of the ’85 team is pretty special.”

On the importance of this win compared to Indoors and Cross Country…“We’re a balanced program and we take each championship seriously. We’re not just going to only show up at the track championships, indoor and outdoor; we’re going to compete hard in cross country, we’re going to compete hard in indoors, and we’re 100 percent going to compete hard in outdoors and I think that’s what makes us special.”

On Jenna Prandini…“She’s phenomenal. To be able to take on the task that we ask her to do coming into this championship is monumental. And then for her to win the 100, get nipped in the long jump and be runner-up in the 200, I wish we had ten more like her.”

Jenna Prandini, Oregon — 1st Place Women’s 100m Dash, 2nd Place Women’s 200m Dash

“To come out and win the 100 has always been one of my goals and one of my dreams, so to do it was pretty awesome.”

On her mentality going into the 100…
“My coach just said as long as I’m within striking distance to just trust in my race plan and trusted that in those last 80 meters my top-end speed could catch them.”

On winning the team championship…“Ever since I’ve been here they’ve been emphasizing that team title in the outdoors. I’ve been here four years—I redshirted my first year—and we’ve never been able to get it, so to come out here and do it in front of this crazy crowd is incredible. I don’t even know how to explain it.”

Raevyn Rogers, Oregon — 1st Place Women’s 800m Run

On Oregon claiming the team championship…“It feels amazing. I’m so blessed to be a part of this team and to have these great coaches and supporters. Everything has been great.”

“I was so excited because it happened. I prayed about it; I almost threw up twice before my race and I was super nervous, so when it happened I felt really blessed. God has really worked with me this whole year and my coaches and my teammates have been really supportive. It all turned out great and that made me really happy.”

Reactions: uduck2

Lockie

So here is a question I haven't heard addressed. What happens to Lockie if adams comes in and wins starting roll? Does he play back up this year and then keep his gritty attitude and play to start 2016? Or does he fear coaches will bring in another one year guy if the others aren't ready to beat him out? What do you all think?
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT